Monday, October 18, 2004

Weekend's Over

Ah... Monday blues.. Nothing like a bout of "unwillingness to drag oneself out of bed" and "Yawn, I hate Mondays" to start your week. Yes.. I was practically stuck to my bed like a piece of magnet to iron. Even my mum was awakened by constant alarm ringing and proceeded to smack my head with a big cudgel, think those with spikes as well. But I carried on sleeping despite the consistent bleeding so now I'm blogging as a spectral shard of myself.

*Pause*

Ok that was totally lame. I can't help it! Monday mornings are making my brains so fuzzy that I can't even remember what I wanted to blog about. Damn... Save Me!

*Plays Remy Zero's 'Save Me' from Smallville Soundtrack*

Probably stems from the fact that my last weekend's training was so tough that I practically felt drained from everything. Yes yes.. I know.. Weekends are supposed to rejuvenate oneself but I'm like making myself even more tired. Think of it this way - I work all week just simply to be able to afford my studies and dance. Hey did you guys ever think I don't have to pay for my trainings?? It's subsidised not free guys! Geez! Besides I'm pretty much in the learning phase and definitely not qualified to be a professional yet. Last Sunday's practise was a perfect example of how I am not ready.


Scenario - Head Chereographer [HC] says, "Julian! Stand in the Centre! Take the Lead! K ladies, form a pyramid after Julian. Alright everybody let's go gimme 1, 2.. 5, 6, 7, 8!" And I froze. Well not immediately but after a few moves I frOzE. That was like soooooo embarrasing, the rest of my group paused for a while confused because I stopped thus effectively destroying the entire chereography. The rest of them waiting by the side opened their mouth in shock and some shook their heads. Oh man........ well HC didnt shout or scold [which he does sometimes] but that very moment I felt like the whole earth could just open up and swallow me coz you don't forget your moves after an entire practise. You.. just don't. If this was a stage performance then damn me to the eternal fires of hell. Maybe J was right, I'm not concentrating. Makes me wonder - Why wasn't I concentrating? What the hell was my mind was so pre-occupied with? *HaiZ* HC did give me a comment though - Julian you've been dancing for so long already, don't you know how to follow the beats by now?" Oh God, somebody put a stake into my heart and just drive the hammer home. Please.

*HaiZ~*

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +


Ok! Something more cheerful! I finally caught "Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow" at Tampines Mall! TimE for a MoviE ReviEw!

Cast
Jude Law - Joe 'Sky Captain' Sullivan
Gwyneth Paltrow - Polly Perkins
Angelina Jolie - Capt. Francesca 'Franky' Cook
Bai Ling - Mysterious Woman who keeps on sabotaging Joe's progress
Giovanni Ribisi - Dex Dearborn


Synopsis
Set in New York City circa 1939, the film centers on a reporter who notices that the world's scientists are disappearing. Teamed with a skilled pilot and an adventurous colleague, it's up to her to thwart the plans of a mad scientist bent on world domination.

Review
Very very 60's or 70's, think the era when TV was relatively monochrome and films like 'Casablanca' and 'King Kong' ruled the era. In fact quite a number of scenes were filmed using mainly basic colours. The dressing? Think trench coats, polished side-parting hairstyles for the guys and long blonde locks for the ladies. Allow me to give a demonstration.



I think Jude Law looks perfect for the movie, not many guys could actually carry off the look of a WWII fighter pilot. Not to mention the fight scenes were superbly infused due to excellent usage of smooth computer graphic interfaces [CGI].



From the Directors of "Independence Day"

Overall the movie is entertaining and feel-good, don't set your critics on the storyline because it is so predictable that even certain movie lines are cheesy. Transport yourself back to the classical films and you'll notice throughout the film they only have ONE kiss so people who're looking for the likes of Basic Instinct or even The Matrix Reloaded are going to be very disappointed. You do not have heroes bleeding profusely and getting beaten up real bad, just the running around solving mysteries and some romantic tension and of course lots of good action scenes.

One Last thought - I need some more knowledge on HTML!! I'm trying to post links on my blog to other friends' and I dO nOt kNoW hOw tO!! Someone Help Me!!! No Sorry no song for this sentence. CiaoZ~

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try doing a search on the Net? That's how I managed to scrape my blog together, since I don't know a turd about html too.

ms. beautifuk

12:51 PM  
Blogger Inarticulate said...

Thanks Beautifuk! *Big Smile*

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home