Thursday, October 14, 2004

There's no news like bad news

Had been receiving bad news recently. Also felt a little bad since I had not blogged for a while. Pre-occupied with so many things that my timing was packed till the brim. Just in case if you're wondering how's my schedule like allow me to narrate a short breakdown -

Monday
Work ends at 6pm. Heads to Studio for Jazz Class from 7:30pm to 8:30pm. Reaches home by 10pm. Quick shower, light meal & a little revision till 12 midnight.

Tuesday
Work ends at 6pm. Grabs a light meal & studies a little till 8:30pm for Hiphop which ends at 9:30pm and reaches home by 11pm. Quick shower, minor stuff and lights out by midnight.

Wednesday
Work.. argh just take it as I finish work at 6pm everyday. Heads for classes at Stansfield. Ends at 10pm, reaches home by 11pm. Nah... too tired. Lights out!

Thursday
Work.. Classes ends at 8:15pm. Sometimes I'd take this chance to meet friends for coffee or a light dinner. Other times I'd just head straight home to relax/jog.

Friday!
Yeah! Well sometimes we have tutorials. If not I'd head to another studio for their class which is more fun and relaxed so I actually get a good time just dancing away. Most probably hang out with friends till late but will still head home by midnight if I'm working on Saturdays. I work alternate saturdays.

Saturday!!
Mornings are always alternating between work or Body Conditioning in the morning. Afternoon till late nights are free and easy but it seems so far they're always packed with meeting A or B groups of friends. At least I know you guys are always looking out for me! *High Five*

SUNDAY!!
Alrite! Hiphop! Total Hiphop Day! From 12plus till 5plus pm it's just hiphop.. hiphop and more hiphop! Work that ass baby woohoo! God now I sound like some aerobics-crazed woman mauahaha.. Can't help it, the infectious music of my hiphop practises just gets me pumping and grooving non-stop. Well.. sunday evenings I'd just chill at home, finish up some homework, catch-up on newspapers.. maybe play some games on my PC. Anyway it's still lights out by midnight.

There you have it.


Alright alright, enough about my boring daily routines. Geez I follow it so faithfully it's almost like some ritual, I should just make an alarm on my watch that beeps at certain times of the day and I'd go "Whoopie it's time for class/dance/sleep!"

*Loud shouting in the distance*

Ah.. yes yes I'm so sorry. I have sidetracked again. Now much as I would like this blog to become a "ranting session" but since I have posted this title I do feel a certain responsibility to explain why.

Explain.. yes.. how coincidental. Just recently I made an application for a transfer from my current appointment as Customer Relations Officer in the Customer Service Section to the Corporate Communications Division. While I must admit this is my second time applying for the job, the nervousness and excitement still remains for I'm very very much interested in handling public media enquiries and press releases than actual negotiations & customer relations on a daily basis. Hey, my profile suggested I'm more of a "Developer" than "Promoter" means!.. I like to do different things everyday!

Unfortunately, my HR department has changed my appointment schedule quite a few times. This would be fine with me for previous times a nice lady has called me to inform me beforehand and even sought my consultation so as to prevent any inconvenience. In my personal context I believed the email application says "Priority is given to internal staff" for I have been told there're 4 other applicants for this vacancy and I'm the only internal staff applying. Meaning? I should be given top priority right? Why should I give way to my competitors? To others who are acutally competing with me for this same job? Am I being too nice to other people?

Things came to a conclusion this morning when my HR department called me saying,"Hey Julian don't be angry with me but the interview is off. Cant tell you the reason, confidential. Will let you know again when there's a vacancy."

Should I be angry? Should I shout back at the HR Officer and tell her,"HR sucks! You people are so irresponsible! What f**king reason could be so confidential that you would do such shabby handling of recruitment matters? Hullo! I'm not asking why I'm not selected, I'm asking why the interview was just called off after so much trouble to re-arrange the different timings on your and my side??"

*huFF*

Now let's add some sugar and spice and everything nice. Yesterday afternoon I received a message from Eel - "Julian.... I've quit Dance..." By reaction I rushed to find some dark corner of my office pantry which promptly shocked a poor lady colleague when she came in to make a drink and found me squatting at a corner talking on my handphone with my hands covering the mouthpiece.

Well.. Eel was crying and sobbing telling me she could not take the pressure from P**** anymore and she wants to put all these behind her. I could at least make her feel better and coaxed some laughter from her with jokes but well.. seems she's pretty set on her decision to quit. She's even called the Club President. Haiz~ One less inspiration on my Saturday Jazz Conditionings. HaiZ~

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Yes there are some more bad news but........ I'm sorry, thinking about all these news just makes me real tired. Will blog again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home