Friday, October 01, 2004

Self-Effort

We had a new lecturer for our Social Psychology Module yesterday evening, apparently the information I wrangled out was an arrangement made by the School Management to allocate all full-timers under Ms Joanna and all part-timers under Mr Rajoo himself. Personal Opinion I felt that Mr Rajoo is more lively and makes the class more interested though he teached really fast. For once I thank myself that I put in lots of effort into building a strong foundation for my sociology otherwise I would be pretty confused about the comparisons of classical theorists in terms of Sociology and Social Psychology. Miss Joanna would be more relaxed but.. rumours were flying around that students actually complained that she's boring. I was thinking like "Hello.. Wake up.. You found it boring because you didn't do your readings beforehand! What do you expect? Spoonfeed you with information? Then you shouldn't be taking a degree! Go back to secondary or even primary school! God! Even JC students are more hardworking than you!"

Reminds me of Mr Steven's quote - But Steve, we're part-timers.. We have no time.. *Grumbles* LOL. I think I practically memorised the way he spoke with his hilarious expression of big bulging eyes and Irish accent. Wait, he is Irish. *Mumbles* Anyway, if you feel that you have no time to even put in some effort for your future then maybe you don't deserve one! Harsh? Sorry but this is the REAL world. Get over it, I don't think you'd say the same thing to your boss right? "But Boss.. we have no time.."

Hmmm... why this title came to mind partly links back to my previous post about my friend Mr J [Yes I still do consider him a friend despite the cold shoulder]. I'm a believer of Max Weber's theories. He said that the world or society we live in is just a massive interaction of individual actions and meanings. Not the exact phrase but the meaning is close enough. Social Interaction is the main factor in our lives. Almost sounded like Karma. So picture this, you walk into a room with all the people dressed in white carrying tagboards and you see nice clean white beds. What is your first impression? A Hospital? A Laboratory? And then you act accordingly. Just a teaser for you guys, better not bog you down with too much thoughts.

Yes, back to the topic of Self-Effort. So! Since I believe our actions constitute changes and reactions therefore I'm always believing that we have the power to change our destiny, shape our futures and make the impossible possible. Why the failures? It's about Determination and Motivation. How determined are you in pursuing for your goal? What motivates you? Do you self-motivate or are you easily influenced by surrounding factors? Something I noticed in people who are more business-minded - They usually react to changes with enthusiasm. Not like spreading the arms and go "Whopee!" but they have almost instant reaction and start planning the next move. Lose that initiative and you lose your business. Fine, I'm a Business Student so I'm blabbering all my Business Theories here. Start a debate with me! I'm always welcome for fresh opinions! Oh one disclaimer, have your facts and references prepared because I detest people who simply flame based on personal opinions. But if I start a personal opinion bring a volcano down on me by all means.

Why am I constantly sidetracking?? Damn I gotta organise myself. Anyway, Self-Effort! Yes, since I believe in our actions being the main factor for subsequent events I can tell myself - We can change our lives. For the better or for the worse. I'm not too forgiving about people who cant change despite consistent help rendered. Call me heartless but even the Big Guy has a quote - God helps those who help themselves. Do not think of it as him being lazy and you question him why? Why would I need your help when I can help myself? Silly, look deeper. He's saying Don't take things for granted. You gotta push yourself to make the change first then results will follow. And I'm not ashamed to say I was wallowing in my puke few years back till I recognised his message. Someone told me a very interesting theory - God is someone who walks by you when you're lost and no money to go home and he simply smiles and points to a ten-dollar note on the ground which you didn't notice before. But you have to start looking first.

I'm not preaching about Christanity or Roman Catholicism here. In fact I cannot comprehend why the distinction when it all boils down to the same Big Guy?? Not many people share my views though.

Enough thoughts for you guys today. Go ponder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home