Thursday, October 07, 2004

Being Sensitive

It's a fine morning! And everything is just right! *BleahZ*

I was waiting for the bus this morning and couple others beside me were preparing their EZ-Link Cards when this old lady suddenly crossed the road, forcing the bus to come to an abrupt halt. I could swear the distance between the old lady and the bus driver was so close he could simply open the front window and slap the old lady on the head.

Guess What?

Old lady continued crossing in front of the bus. Never mind the fact that all the bus-driver needs to do is to release the clutch or brakes and Vrroom! Splat! Human tissue and lots of squashed muscles just like the sauce you see on your meatball sphagetti.

*Group of us waiting at the bus stop stares in open-mouthed shock*

*Bus-driver also stares at old woman in open disbelief*

Old lady finally makes it across onto the pavement while leaving the poor bus-driver still wondering if she would suddenly change her mind and cross the road again. Who knows, old lady might be doing this for fun.


+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

After I reached Ang Mo Kio MRT, I was standing at the traffic light junction waiting for the green man when this car [cant remember the exact model though it's definitely not BMW or Lexus or I'm sure I'd have noticed] pulled up beside the traffic light waiting for the pedestrians to finish crossing. I happened to glance inside the car and there was this very very young boy probably about 5 or 6 years old with the most innocent and adorable expression. ANd he was just looking at everyone outside the car and waving to no one in particular. *Laughter* I waved back and he caught my action and smiled and waved even more enthusiastically. Somehow that made my morning just feel really much better. Honest. I was smiling all the way to the office. =)

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

I wanted to start this post initially as a woe-pouring session. You see, I had a light dinner with some classmates at Park Mall's Hans and we were on the escalator going up to ground floor. We were joking and teasing each other about getting fat from eating too much when I teased Miss J about her flab on the side and gave it a gentle jab. Mind you, no slapping of butt or any attempt to fondle or linger which would definitely be not polite.

She turned around and proceeded to give a short glare and gave an exclamation.

"WHY DID YOU DO THAT FOR? DON'T YOU KNOW THAT'S VERY SENSITIVE? GUYS AND GIRLS SHOULD NOT TOUCH TOUCH EACH OTHER! LAST TIME YOU SLAPPED ME ON THE THIGH I WARNED YOU ALREADY! STILL TOUCH!"

*Stunned silence for a while*

Well, add fuel to the fire. The other lady in my group proceeded to comment "Yah! Yah! This can amount to molest and you can be sued!"

*Even more stunned silence*

Blah Blah Blah.. people being sued for molest.. blah blah blah.. guys and girls should not touch each other. EXCUSE ME, you wanna make such clear distinctions wear a robe. Become a nun. Or just convert into some religion that makes any form of physical contact from the opposite sex as vile as poison. And a violation of this rule can amount to you being strapped to some wheel and splashed with water for 49 days and nights as a cleansing ritual. For your information, even when you're standing in the MRT people occasionally brush past you. Friends can slap each on the back, even a kiss on the the cheek and you're telling me I'm gonna get SUED for a gentle nudge on the HIPS?? GET REAL!!!

That sudden rush of anger almost overwhelmed me and I was so tempted to slap her so hard on the back she would fly. For THAT I get sued I have no regrets because that is tantamount to attempted assault. I do know some legal restrictions concerning physical contact because I have a friend who's a policeman so over sessions of coffe talk I do keep myself updated on certain do's and don'ts THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

*hUFF*

Well, I've learnt my lesson. And I'll be very well-behaved in front of her from now on. What irks me is that I can't bear to scold her in front of the class because I'm still SENSITIVE enough to understand FRIENDS GET HURT WHEN YOU TELL THEM PHYSICAL CONTACT IS ILLEGAL AND CAN CAUSE UNNECCESSARY TROUBLE.

I kept silent though my face must have been really really black.

In class, she even turned around gave me a sneer and said,"WHAT ARE YOU ANGRY ABOUT??" Man, someone give me an Oscar for best actor because that took some supreme effort to hold back. Somewhere inside my head I hear brain cells being fried and calling and screaming in agony while the anger runs rampant inside my head and not the heart. I must be hearing wrongly?? There's a difference between SULKING and ANGER?? I reduced my unhappiness to silence and sulking and you got the cheek to release YOUR ANGER ON ME BY QUESTIONING ME??

Fine. You know what, we're still friends but dun expect me to smile and make you laugh anymore. Not until you learn to control that temper of yours and un-warranted hurting tongue of yours. YOU DO NOT DO THIS TO FRIENDS.

*Meditates for a while*

Oh well, no point brooding over this for long. Makes one tired. I know it's true because I was so angry for the first half of the lectures I could not pay attention, felt depressed & hurt and by the time break-time came I simply had no mood to carry on and left.

"Do not do unto others what you would not have others do unto you."

Bullshit, I'm definitely welcoming people to wrestle with me and slap me on the back. Hell most of my friends are like this anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home