Sunday, November 26, 2006

Wistful. Wishing.


Getting a little sappy and a little wistful from listening to the few songs I found from the Princess Hours Soundtrack, credits to the introduction of the main track from Kelvin's Blog. I'm not sure what is the title of the song neither do I have a clue what is the meaning of the song about. Simply listening to the guy singing in the song raises a little part of me that suddenly feels.. needed. I guess from the mood of the song it's about someone who's wishing for something but just a little out of reach. I could be wrong but then again, aren't most ballads revolving around something that's out of touch? Be it unstarted or an ending? I do not need to specifically refer to the meaning to just boy-girl relationships [though like 80% of the ballads I listen to seems to be categorised in that area] because there are other exceptions like Corrine May's "Fly Away" which definitely tugged at my heart strings and brought the faintest trace of emotion flecked on the tiny corner of my eye. Is it any wonder given the massive ratio of guy-gal relationships being fed to us compared to other reasons for our sadness that is probably making people feel that without our personal counterpart life just seems so lifeless? Whatever happened to other Next-of-kin relationships that should contribute to our different emotions too? Perhaps my statement might be rather sweeping to assume that people only matter about what happens to their personal relationship but I place a certain share of the responsibility of this "mental conditioning" for our current state of mind on all the sappy love songs.

Alrite I think I am getting a little over-reacting here. Julian! It's just a typical Korean Love Song!

The last few days of reservist had been a major source of upset for me mainly because I'm very very pissed off with the way they coordinated their allocation of manpower. Rather, I'm upset because our Head didn't [or perhaps couldn't] fight for our welfare in the sense when the active units simply request to activate us reservists [despite our shift hours being planned in advance] they couldn't say no. Of course I am not encouraging them to display signs of insubordination [A General giving orders to a LTC does not possess the word of NO in their dictionary perhaps] but surely there should be cases where our Head can display sufficient reasons [be it rationing or possible logical grounds] to ensure we do not get activated at random like active units? I mean, we're reservists a.k.a. reserve troops. What is this thinking I've been hearing going around the camp mates that reservist camp lately that we're the fontline guinea pigs to be fed to the enemy when the war breaks out? Such rumours ought be clarified for it brings about unnecessary questioning not to mention a possible commotion amongst the reservists should this matter be publicly discussed. No matter, my queries stops here because I shall isolate this matter as according to specific circumstances. It's just less than a week more to the end of this exercise so yeah, get on with it and get on with life.

Hung out with the dance peeps at Marina South Steamboat and they finally witnessed why I am called "Prawn King" a.k.a the King of Prawn Eaters. No I do not wolf down a Guiness Book of World Records time for the number of prawns I can eat within a minute but simply because I can eat the whole prawn. Lock, stock and barrel. Yes inlcluding the feelers as well. Pauline called me a monster when she heard about my feat - she was away in the ladies at that point of time when I was displaying my unique skill of prawn eating. Brian took down the video of me eating the prawn. Hmmm.. shall attempt to get it from him via MSN perhaps. I do wonder too how I look when I completely devour the whole prawn in within a few bites. Yeeshan was rationalising that my rate of digestion starts at the mouth thats probably why the prawn shells do not cut my throat when I swallow. Hello people, haven't you heard of chewing? You know, the grinding of the molars? Chomp Chomp? Then Gulp? You may add in a burp to personalise your styling if you wish should you ever want to try to imitate my feat as well. No worries, I'm not applying for any patent rights nor any attempts to trademark this feat. A nickname is sufficient for me.

During the process of the steamboat dinner videos were taken with one memorable scene of Yeeshan attempting to cook a sambal prawn. Yan can cook, so can Yee? LOL. The scene of the two tables were basically separated into two zones - The War Zone and Post-War Zone as how Yeeshan described when he was sitting down with our table and peacefully sipping his soup from the steamboat mix. Mus admit my side is pretty quiet perhaps due to the different mixture of company. The War Zone table were people like Josh, Zelia, Kelvin, Pris, JingWei and Yeeshan so probably they were much more comfortable with each other in maximising the volume of noise. My table was a rag-tag mixture of Brian, Yang Yang, Pris, Evon, Anna, Wei Lin and Pauline including Peter who's actually in the centre of two tables so I guess they were more unsure of how to link topics at times. Well overall, we had fun which also lifted my spirits much more as compared to my totally disappointed being when I was cooped in that uniform of camouflage prints.

The finale was staged at Marina Superbowl which we proceeded to attempt feats of scoring at knocking down pins with all the strength we could muster. Yes Pauline, no worries you jus need to learn to apply more strength appropriately. Same for Kelvin whom I see a good force being sent out but unable to control a consistent final release thus making his scores fluctuate wildly. A few crazy shots were also done on Wei Lin's camera and that my dear friends ended a simple dinner cum movie outing [I could not watch Happy Feet with them because of the infuriating call-back to camp to resolve shifts that my side could not have planned more properly]. The only blessing I could count was the review of the movie was rather unsatisfactory therefore I am spared from a un-needed expense of a movie ticket.


Surprises now and then fuels my interest
like catching up on what who when of the latest
Looking forward everytime to discover more
that character appeal which draws me and furthermore

The gentle curve that winds up the corner of your lips
rebounds on my heartbeat and floats it like will-o-wisp
No direct contact of communication just the short chatter
simple, short and sweet yet of no significant matters

Questions abound, reeling in uncertainty
like a dance chereo that greys in musicality
styling of unconfirmed signals that blurs the eyes
creating stage confusion and chaotic cries

The present is what thy significanise
For no haste is needed to galvanise
sip in the gentle company of thy presence
is already. the most significant present.

Darn, no SA dance training for a whole week. Damn the night shifts. Sigh.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so when's this exercise until ah ?

11:42 AM  
Blogger Inarticulate said...

Saturday... and I'm fighting to be able to book out on saturday itself.. So worried the exercise might drag till sunday.

Stupid Melvin actually sms me "Remember to stretch in camp! If bored think chereo!"

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

monster monster!!

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha good idea!!!!~ GO MELVIN!!!!

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pai seh anonymous is me

9:18 AM  
Blogger Inarticulate said...

?... Er.. Go Melvin? *catch no ball*

9:25 AM  
Blogger Inarticulate said...

LOL. yes realised abt the comments part. I wanna finish this got-ta-damned exercise!! Argh.

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

go melvin referring to ur comment abt melvin sms u during camp la haha . .

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home