Monday, October 23, 2006

Efforts. Relief.


A throbbing now resides evidently in my head, apparently from a slight dehydration caused today by a long period of perspiration without any H2O replenishment.

Packed my bag and headed straight for NYP today to practise jazz and hiphop chereo. Mei Xian joined me in the early stage to recall some of the locking chereo based on the previous September performances. Finally I get to remember in detail what are the exact steps of the locking chereo. Also managed to recall in smoother sequence the current chereo based on Jennifer Lopez's "Still" and the rapid chereo based on originally Anastacia's "Love is a Crime" song but recently had been using PussyCat Dolls' "Buttons" song to practise instead. It's freakin fast.

But I enjoyed the challenge. =)

In the later stages - Wei Lin, Pauline and Treasa dropped by as well to practise. Partnered Pauline for waltz and to my surprise I finally managed to recall the entire sequence around the room and Pauline & myself actually managed to complete one round around the room without any major mistakes. Felt so relieved my efforts had slightly paid off. In addition, as we were both able to complete that one round around the room I believe Pauline felt more relieved as well.

I guess what is left is to finally polish up my basics of my hiphop again. Based on the timing for Pat's wednesday class at Jitterbugs I believe with my work timing schedule I should not have any major problems. My first day of work at In-Call Systems starts officially on 01 November and Pat's first class wednesday nights will start on 15 Novemeber. Well, hopefully it will not run into major clashes because a colleague at my work place had cautioned me that sometimes we would be required to stay back for quite a while because we have to compile the statistics that the daily telemarketeers had made so after a while she stopped making any weekday plans. Goodness, I sure hope that wont mean I have to stay back for at least 2 or 3 hrs because that would mean no more dance practises with SA Dance anymore. Noooo...

I'm gonna work even harder and hopefully I can even be included in the NYP Musical. Not sure if the NYP Management would make such an exception but.. it would be an experience that I'll never forget.

December is the month for the Impresario competition and I'm looking forward to it. Not for the sense that the team I'll be based with will stand a good chance of winning but seriously I miss the old Chroma training days. Not to mean that I enjoy being drilled like an animal for engineering precision in moves clarity, timing and formation changes but I must admit that because of Funkamania my dancing did improve a lot. So many mistakes in my styling that was relatively unnoticed when I'm just doin classes and more classes with Patrick and Claire were ironed out with the occasional scoldings by other team members. Look beyond the scoldings and the essence of the corrections were noted.

Tomorrow is the public holiday for Hari Raya and it seems a lot of my friends are being occupied with visitations for either their Malay relatives and close friends. An attempt to organise an outing was met with dismal failure due to the major unavailability of most people. Sigh, ah well, there'll be other chances I believe.

Meeting with a few old friends tomorrow early morning around 11am. Gonna do some shopping after that heh heh. Finally been some time since I'd been in a mood to walk and shop around. Cross my fingers, let's wish for a good bargain to fall into my lap and allow my eyes to notice the bargain at the same be oblivious to everyone else till I've bought it! *Evil laugh*

Hands up and chest upwards, I'm on a one-way track to seriously tone my physical appearance. Work hard I shall. Rest well I will.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bro me wanna tone up too... wanan do it together? at least u can motivate me.. :) mr guan here.. :)

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

resting well is more important and better. i'm off to sleep. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz waking up late rocks. like 3 or 4pm. bwahaha you working freaks. MWAHAHA!

oh shit i`m starting work alongside rene on tuesday.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home