Sunday, October 08, 2006

Activities

Much as I try to recollect what had happened for the past weekend the membrane simply does not co-operate with the cerebellum.

My memories are suffering from short-term absence of presence. Fine I'm jus trying to be creative in saying I'm sufferin from short-term memory loss but the bare essence of the activities which transpired over the past 2 days are still ringing clear in my memory bank. Perhaps I simply do not recollect things that had happened for more than 5 days ago.

Well in a nutshell - Saturday morning I was not awakened by my mobile phone's alarm till my mum woke up from her usual waking hours and knocked on my bedroom door to ask if I'm awake. To my horror, the time she woke me was already 6:45am when the ceremony is at 8am and my reporting time to 7:30am. 45mins to shower, get dressed and reach there to "warm up my voice" Thank heavens im still on time. Overall the ceremony went smoothly with jus a few timing clashes because some parts of the ceremony i got so nervous that my mind went blank a few times. Almost like I'm the bridegroom. Just for clarification, I'm the commentator so I'm responsible for leading the crowd in some prayers, singing and announcements.

Saturday afternoon was the last lesson of the 4-part series of ballroom classes at Michelle and Why Pong [WM] DanceWorld. We had a pretty tiring time going through all the routines and details over and over again. I must admit Why Pong and Michelle are really really wonderful ballroom teachers and if I had the excess spending power I would love to have detailed lessons with them. Despite the quantity of just 4 lessons the quality of techniques, posture and even the "feel" have been made pretty clear to me. In just 4 mere lessons I have learnt the importance of posture in ballroom, from the first movement to the last finishing pose.

After the class ended we presented the two lovely teachers with a bouquet each, gathering much surprise and laughter from them. Went for dinner and some bowling, felt so good to feel the ball flip from my palm once again. Amazed some of them, Rene in particular with the minor C-curve of my ball. LOL. effect would have been much more impressive if I had been using my favourite personal ball of 15lbs cos the ball I threw at the alley was jus 9lbs so the force of impact on the pins werent that strong. Sigh, felt nostalgic abt the previous times when I trained intensively in bowling with my JC mates and later my army mates. Was well-known for my montrously high backswing and lift. Alas, dun think I can even remember my 4 steps properly now.

After the bowling session I rushed for the morning couple's wedding dinner. One note - the food at York Hotel sucks. Had a few drinks before flying off to meet Yeeshan, Zelia, Anselm and Kelvin at Paradiz Centre for a game of pool. I believe Zelia and Yeeshan including myself were really annoyed at Kelvin's apparent enormous luck in pool because his pool balls would somehow roll into the pool table holes despite his weird angles of entry and some inaccurate shots.

Ended with a early morning "supper" of a nice dish called sampler platter @ this 24hr cafe called Mr Bean and lots of iced coffe.. iced cappucino as well. The sampler platter consists of calamari, prawn fritters, spring rolls and deep-fried chicken pieces. Nothing amazing in terms of igredients but the taste was simply superb. So good that we actually ordered a second serving in the later part of the conversation. With the good food, a deep conversation was also shared which included discussions abt what they actually felt abt me after knowing me all this while. Was kinda surprised that I gave the impression sometimes that I remind them of Peter in the sense I would also be very firm in decision making jus the methods of achieving that consent would be different. Ended the "outing" with a short nap in the open bench areas of SMU before catching the first MRT train home at 6am.

Sunday. "Friendly" Soccer from 2-5pm [though I'm pretty sure some players' "over-enthusiasm" annoyed some people] while a simple dinner at Bishan J8.

I'm beat. I have to sleep. I'm supposed to wake up at 6am. Damn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home