Monday, June 05, 2006

Celebrations


It's been a surprising weekend - at least for me.

Just some main details of the little activities that has happened for me over the weekend includes a movie treat of X-Men3 : The Last Stand from Daniel my best buddy. In fact the little irony is I was kinda feelin down and frustrated because of the crying from the baby inside my house. Long Story. Main gist is the baby's my 2nd elder brother's and she's been stayin in my house for as long as I can almost remember since she's born. Just in the daytime - kinda makes my house a child care centre I would admit. So I packed my bag and went down to Nanyang Polytechnic [NYP] Library to study instead. Found much better concentration there. Only drawback is I can only stay inside till 5pm before I scoot or risk being locked inside. I don't have the student pass [obvious right?]. And there you have it, his call came when I was about to finish my revision around 4plus pm. Basically he was insistent on 'celebrating' my birthday somehow like a dinner treat or something so I told him a movie treat would do just fine. I did want to catch Over The Hedge initially 'cause I wanted to catch X-Men 3 together with Huajing but there were no immediate showtimes available. Given a choice between Benchwarmers and X-Men 3 who would you choose?




I believe you have made your choice.

In short, a dinner meal at Ajisen Ramen [Junction 8] and a movie treat then I went straight to continue my studies for my upcomin papers. Sigh.

Saturday was a big surprise to me because Peter [a dancer whom I'm currently attending his classes for basic jazz and stretching techniques at NYP on thursdays] asked me if I can come down to NYP for formulating chereography on Chroma X [the Hiphop Dance Team which I'm currently with for competitions] for the upcoming Suntec Dance Competition so I agreed to spare some time since I figured it won't take long. Little did I know that when I was outside the dance studio Valerie came out an Oreo Cheesecake birthday cake and everyone from StageArts [doin 'volunteer work' with for helping with dance trainings] erupted into the singing of Happy Birthday to me. Man.. Initial Shock gave way to Happiness after a while and.. yeah that warm feeling in my heart was indescribable man. Tops.

After the little birthday celebration was over I know.. I should have gone straight home but I hung around NYP for a while and went with Priscilla and Loretta to Dance Company's [DC] clubroom and hmm.. kinda became a little hyper there. Not the usual me definitely. Poor Priscilla was at my receiving end of my antics. Had a lot of fun with Evon drawing on the whiteboard till we realised we used permanent marker and frantically used whiteboard markers to draw over and erase out drawings amidst shrieks and laughter.

Sunday. Hmm.. A KTV session with Synergy friends [Edwin, Fong Hong, Huipei, Huiyu, Dulcia] and Huajing @ Orchard Cineleisure's K-Box. We went because they had the K-Lunch Offer of 11-2pm for free KTV singing with just a lunch set purchase of $8+ per person. Not a bad deal at all I would say. The only sacrifice I can think of is you have to wake up pretty on Sunday mornings [this pun is intended to those who wake up later than 1pm on sundays!] heh. After the KTV session, walked to Far East Plaza's Subway where they sang my B-day song and shared this fruit cake [a small one because there're only 6 of us sharing]. Staff was not too friendly though. I'll take note. Had to leave early though because I was giving tuition at 7pm to a Primary 1 kid who stays at Serangoon area. His name is Bryan. Cute kid, have a feeling he's gonna be quite good-looking when he grows up.

End of the day activity - Met Huajing at my bus stop to return the jacket to her because she left it inside my bag after the KTV session so she came down from her house to meet me to collect back. We chatted for a while before I walked her to the bus stop and waited for her bus.



I didn't know why I feel this way
I didn't want to know why perhaps
You didn't manage to hide that tear when you walked in front of me
And I didn't know why I didn't hold you then
Perhaps
I just didn't want to know why



P.S. Miss P, thanks for your 'last birthday wish of the day' message. LOL.

1 Comments:

Blogger dweam said...

ahaha :P glad it made your day man.

all the best for the rest of your papers!

rawks. we were supposed to catch a movie tgt like eons ago can? pffft. nvm this time after YOUR exams.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home