Sunday, November 06, 2005

Rollercoaster

A resolution to complete all remaining assignments and essays due.

Strengthened by the fact that I'm probably gonna be ignored a lot more often nowadays. Consolation? The strong beats of Fatboy Slim's "Renegade Master" and Deepest Blue's "Give it Away" accompanying my drooping eyelids whenever I attempt to paw through endless piles of notes and readings.

My team for the World Cyber Games had made it through to the Semi-finals. *Wry smile* Given the number of teams present it would be disastrous if we could not even made it through the preliminary rounds. General praises were given for our chereo transitions and formation changes. Unfortunately, we have no highlights to speak of and our costumes were commented as "bland" by Patrick.

I couldn't agree more.

Sun shades to enhance our overall image giving us a more futuristic look. A jacket to replace our current colour T-shirts so that we look "bigger" on the dance stage in the Semi-final rounds. Fine-combing needed for chereography details.

An online friend has given me a sudden beep to asked about my well-being. She sensed that I'm slowly sliding into mild depression. Of Sweetness and the Bitter Aftertaste. Of Clouds of Gray and restrained Contact and finally Of Moods, decisions, words and hurts. Even sent me a sketch of a young fair lady, gentle stirrings and sudden happiness, like a sudden glow amidst the gray shadows.

"When you think you're bad enough, there'll be others worse off than you."

Though it might sound like I'm elevating my own misery at the expense of others, it did make me feel slightly better. The rollercoaster rides didn't seem so scary anymore.

In addition, 2 other friends' good cheer and beaming messages did bring some good cheer back into my heart. Guess that's the power of friends.

A step forward. Rejuvenation.

A longer step.

Encouraged.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT?!!! You're in the semi-finals for the WCG? Like, for what game? And I thought it was already over.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Inarticulate said...

LOL, no Mr Moron. I'm not in the gaming competitions. The organisers have organised a separate competition for dancers. The champion team gets to perform their winning item on the actual WCG finals day itself.

I'm competiting to be the winning team. =) Though the remaining teams in semi-finals are really strong.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home