Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Tags


This is a reply to Ms Lyn's reminder *winks*

So, what is the one spark in the midst of darkness? What is the one thing that made you smile today?

Sitting down and actually thinking about it felt so much harder than I originally assumed. I guess for myself I never really looked for "one spark" because I had always been looking for a wide-ranging choice of happiness. Yes, spark meant happiness to me. And darkness simply meant depression.

However, despite about 2 hours of pondering I could not come up with a satisfactory answer. I shifted through the important things in my life - My dance activities, my ex-colleagues, my old school friends, my current dance mates, and the list goes on. Mentally exhausted and feeling rather irritable, I promptly went to bed.

Waking up early in the morning and feeling kinda disappointed, I actually felt rather unhappy because I didn't like to say something and don't do it. So I dragged my half-exhausted body [credits to a full day's work and 4 hours of dance training later at night plus little dinner and little hours of sleep] to the kitchen and to my surprise I found my mum already preparing breakfast at 5:40am in the morning.

She had a little flu the night before and was still sniffling slightly when she was frying the bacon lightly on the pan.

"Mum, what are you doing up so early in the morning? You should be in bed. Go, I'll make my own breakfast."

"You're obviously exhausted from your training. You didnt bother to close the door and you were snoring. So I woke up early to make sandwiches for you to bring along the way. Oh, lift the lid and pour out the ginseng tea. It's ready now for drinking."

For that moment I couldn't decide to feel totally blessed or sheepish for [maybe] waking my mum up with my snoring.

But I was totally happy that she would bother to do these things, even though it seemed all so natural to her. Which led to me thinking over these years how many times had she done such similar actions and it slipped by my memories?

The sight of my mum preparing breakfast in the dead of the morning was the spark in the midst of darkness.

And it definitely made me smile today. The sandwiches are still sitting on my desk, 2 bites gone while I blog this down as a determined effort to remember this scene for the rest of my life.

Be blessed today my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home