Sunday, June 18, 2006

Rest and Re-Creation

And so the new journey begins - the end of my 4 year journey which was earmarked by endless hours of mugging for exams, working a full-time day job, struggling to drag my feet for night lessons, stretching and dancing, jogging and swimming.

That doesn't mean I'll stop all these activities just because my UOL degree course of study has ended. From PSB Academy to Stansfield College to Singapore Institute of Management [SIM] it seems I have virtually toured almost every major institution in Singapore that offers this external degree programme.

I wondered how I survived this 4 year oredeal of excruciating tolerance for the tight time management. Got a congratulatory pat from Peter on my achievement. Well it didn't come easy. I took up this degree course shortly after the break-up with my ex-girlfriend whom.. I do not wish to invoke too much memories of her. It took me almost 2 years just to gather the courage to clear my room of all associated memories. And of course a further one year just to realise I should move on and perhaps find a new partner.

The introduction of dance to me was something that I didn't plan at all. The initial phase of introduction was extremely embarrassing and somewhat painful because I still remembered my first dance class was a hiphop class which was all girls - teacher included of course. All eyes riveted on me as I entered the class and a following 6 more months of feeling isolated until an obvious improvement instigated some friendly conversations with a few of the students asking me how did I practise. The rest is history with a central figurine of role modelling in my dance years - Mr Peter Teo. Much would never have been accomplished without him. He has always been someone whom I can definitely label as a mentor in terms of dance knowledge and trainer.

So I stand today a new crossroad in my life. A goal to reach - but the end does not seem in sight yet. How many more years can I afford? The finishing line just does not seem to be a calculable option which would have aided greatly in making me feel secure in my whatever decisions.

It's been a hectic week of events indeed. From the previous sunday till tuesday night I've been mugging for the final two exam papers and definitely insufficient sleep due to late nights and disturbed state of mind. Then the mayhem starts on wednesday night till last night where almost every night I'm out with friends and staying up chatting till wee hours of the morning. The BBQ for Josh's birthday was the last straw and today I'm awakened with a bad dry cough and sore throat. Ironically, I hardly touched the BBQ food last night.

Confusion reels in and hardened walls break down
The sudden continous acting of a clown
To capture the attention? To create good impressions?
Or to simply drown oneself like a Fool of Ignorance?

They say ignorance is bliss
And Purity of Soul Happiness
But the heart is clouded in a mist
despite the truth realized and continously quizzed

So tell me now why thoust the beat
that lie within thine chest
so closely entwined with the pounding
that resonates within my ears

Put forth thy hand and accept this kiss
Sweetly softly implanted upon thy tender hands
Is it any wonder that the sage
chooses to act the clown because of thus?



- To this new group of friends. Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home