Sunday, November 05, 2006

Waltz. Whether.


So the weekend is here once again and I'm basking in the aftermath of a smile that had been imprinted onto my heart the moment I stepped into the dance studio. God, feels so good to feel the music of classical waltz flowing through my soul and letting feet glide across the studio floor. One little grouse though is I am beginning to find it is either the studio floor getting too slippery or my ballroom shoes are just not having enough grip.

Was watchin the video that Rene sent me last night for my waltz practise with Anna. Seems alrite on video though surprisingly I felt some timing resistance when we were doin the actual chereo. Yang Yang commented my butt still sticks out when I move away from Anna sometimes. Sigh. I'll work harder on overcoming this mental barrier.

So now I'm facing a crossroads - at my workplace the Manager has designated a new upcoming project to be under my charge in the near future probably several more months down the road. In other words, I might be promoted to Project Team Leader earlier than I thought. Recruitment, Training, immersing myself in product knowledge and being a walking dictionary for the Project I'll be handling while maintaining a level of service quality in addition to hitting sales targets. At my dance I have been getting more and more active involving myself in jazz, going for external hiphop classes, getting involved in classical waltz and possibly in the near future other forms like Latin, Cha Cha, Rock & Roll, Jive as well. *Stressed*

It's surprising how time jus seems to fly without one knowing when the activities are packed back to back and small wonder given me trying to be all rounder. Hurray jus let me don my red cape and red underpants and push my hair back into a slick gel-combed hairstyle. Yes, I swear in order to achieve that hairstyle I would require gel, hair spray, erm possibly anythin that would give the kind of hold on my hair like what Ryan Conferido can do with his in the first season for So You Think You Can Dance. Imagine me flying at more than Mach 2 while attempting to maintain a near perfect hairstyle. Hurray.

Some thoughts did float back to a slight nostalgia of the chereo drilling days I had with the rest of the gang [Chroma] and well, guess it wont be so soon when those days will come again. Initial was nightmare but as the time progressed down the road I realised I could have learnt so much more during that time. Developed this belief that the mind is a very powerful weapon and lots of matters can be handled much easier if the mental state of mind is strong.

No matters. As a good brother of mine quoted - No point looking too much at the past. Indeed. Reminiscene of the sad past is only a thing for those who cannot move on. Look back to remember what should be avoided or what to be corrected. No to dwell on the matter and let history unconciously repeat itself because of an unwillingness to believe that the present will be any different. Concious. Or Subconcious.


Walkin. Strolling. Browsing. Shopping.
Munching. Teasing. Laughing. Aching.
Smiling. Glancing. Talking. Discussing.
Explaining. Understanding. Nodding. Beaming.

Of characteristics and habits
Of Bus Stops and Buses
Whether it means of any significance
Whether the point of understanding is common

It does.

Right, up up and away we go. Here I come Val. Next stop - Jitterbugs Hiphop Class.

3 Comments:

Blogger dweam said...

yayness! danced with you in class today! and had laksa. LOL.

chin up! you're much stronger than you think you are : )

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup . . you ARE stressed . SO many spelling mistakes in this entry !

oi , subconSCious lah . wahahaha =xx

go go juu lee en ! see u next sunday hehe~

12:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi... dun say i oni tagged at zee's blog ah... see i also tagged at urs.. haha.. u better take care.. that time so damn sick then stil dance until so siong... mus take care okie?

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home