Sunday, November 19, 2006

Bishan Park


Today marks the satisfactory ending of a week long tiring preparation for a rather big performance at Bishan Park. Apparently the Deputy Prime Minister [DPM] Mr Wong Kan Seng was also present thus the amount of fanfare generated was rather big indeed. Even the usual stage size had been expanded to almost twice or three times the normal size.

StageArts Dance performed a total of 2 items. Namely Beyond Legends and a finale item that is a combination of the song Sexy Back, Buttons and Move Your Feet. Indirectly it means 4 items were performed today just that the last three had been packaged into short items mainly to showcase different styles and the unity of the club.

But I had been very unsatisfied with my own performance.

Mistakes aplenty and wrong timings. Missed a few counts and was slow in executing some steps. Although Peter had mentioned that the Beyond Legends item was rather rushed and he will not expect us to dance it 100% correct but as a very "senior" personnel in StageArts Dance I was very concerned that I should hit at least the 90% if not higher mark. Alas, the pressure of stage performances still claimed my nerves somewhat and the mistakes started showing one by one.

From next tuesday onwards, a new chereo will be set into place. The song had not been confirmed but the choices are just a matter of whether its Ciara's "Get Up" or Janet Jackson's "Get it Out Me" and I'm really intrigued to see how Peter will interpret the music to create a new chereo for us to dance and learn while practising at the same time.

The day for the performance did not start off well because it appears everyone had been more concerned about getting to Bishan Park but did not manage a thorough job of ensuring all the headcounts had been accounted for. The reaction from Peter was the same as the saturday [yesterday] outburst - He shouted. When we reached the destination he gathered the committee members and gave them a strict talking to. The characteristic about Peter is that he expects a very high and efficient standard of administration from the committee. He stressed that he can be patient with making us improve our dance standards but when it comes to administration he would expect the committee to be very clear about their jobscopes and required duties. Example, confirming a clear reply on what is the headcount, who is late, who is missing and what is the reason.

The mood turned more jovial when Peter started announcing who wanted color on their hair. Yeeshan volunteered first and Peter started to spray white then red on his hair. Following that JingWei then myself and some others went up to Peter to get ourselves a new "hair dye" as well. Wow. my hair jus stood up like some porcupine spikes. Could have burst a balloon anytime. Looked pretty interesting though. I think I'm beginning to enjoy making myself look different. I was still initially reeling from shock when my hair was made to cut so short and styled furthermore.

The actual performance... well I cant say too much till I have viewed the video properly from Peter's camera.

Pastamania @ Bishan was our lunching area and lots of merriment was happening there as well. Laughter, some teasing here and there. There were so many of us that we were close to tearing the whole place down with our potential noise volume. Pauline did surprise me a little with her quick thinking when I used the puzzle that Bryan posed to us during a lepak session at C.A.N cafe on saturday night. I managed to complete my Marina Linguine, so did Peishan and Pauline but Wei Lin's Meatball Sphagetti [I hope I got the name correct] went relatively untouched. Further asking revealed that the sphagetti was not really prepared well and the meatball was rather.. unchewable if my memory serves me correctly on their terms of description.

After the Pasta lunch Yeeshan, Kelvin, Phoebe, Zelia, Rene, JingWei, Priscilla and myself went to Food Junction because Zelia wanted some hot soup and Phoebe wanted some desserts. Pauline and Wei Lin went shopping around the 4th level. Cant remember who was with them though. More jokes and merriment while I waited for time to reach 2:15pm so that I can watch the new dance move in town - Step Up.

Tonite - I shall sleep early. Too tired to continue. Will discuss more abt Step Up in detail when I am more awake. Ciaoz.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

together we shall tendu! then glisse and jete! wahaha! onward and upward! omg which school's motto is that?! haha!

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home