Saturday, October 23, 2004

A Musical to remember



It was an evening to remember.

With Dancers dressed from country Greek to scuba diving suits, the cast sang and danced away to an appreciative audience who gave thunderous applause at every break of a wonderful rendition mainly encompassing Abba Songs.

The Opening Song was "I have a Dream" which showed the young lady Rosie with hope and smiles and a secret wish - For her father to give her away at her Wedding. Coincidentally it was also the final song of the play but the number took on a whole new meaning as she embarked on a whole new adventure with her newly-wed husband.

The action took place on a stylish set which morphed from rustic Greek islet with houses built into cliff faces, to the fluorescent yellows, pinks and blues of a stylised dream sequence.

I am sorry as I am rushing for time. The play raised issues about single-parenthood, marriage vows and the current nonchalant attitude we approach divorce these days. Will blog more on these issues when I'm home tonight.

For now - The Musical was lovely.
P.S. Links are working. *Whew*

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds real good! Wish I had time to catch it. I'm missing out a helluva good stuff because of the A's, pretty interested in the play, The Physicist, too.

Hey about your side bar disappearing below, you might want to try changing the dimensions. Like making either the column on the side or in the middle narrower, so everything fits in neatly. Hope that helps!

ms. beautifuk

1:59 PM  
Blogger Inarticulate said...

Thanks! This will defniteiy keep me occupied for a while trying to re-align the sidebars.

Physicist The Play sounds good but which Theatre Company is showing this play? Can't find it on Sistic and The Esplanade Events Calendar.

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really? That's strange, I thought it'd be by Sistic because I saw the poster at a Sistic counter. If I find out, I'll get back to you.

Oh by the way, do you mind if I link you up too?

ms. beautifuk

11:51 AM  
Blogger Inarticulate said...

Thanks! No problem! =)

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home