Saturday, October 30, 2004

Snippets of Daily Life

As I am being recalled to work today [which was originally an off-day for me] I have decided to include some snippets of my daily life. For those of you who know me I'm apparently like a baby elephant with two left feet trying to dance when it comes to making people laugh. *Winks*

Note: I'm doing this by popular demand. How many of you people know about this blog that I have not told others yet??

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Yesterday I was printing reports while conversing with a client. The Hewlett-Packard [HP] technician came to my cubicle [after I called HP Helpdesk about my faulty printer 2 days ago] and proceeded to dismantle the printer while checking every single part - right before my eyes. I turned to my client -

Me: My apologies Sir, your report printout apparently will be delayed due to deprivation of technical resources. We apologise for the inconvenience caused. *Smiles*

Client: [Short Chuckle] Understood. It's the first time in my life as well that I would witness the mechanic dismantling the car for repairs while the driver is still behind the wheel.

*The technician carried on working with no response*

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

After a visit to my colleague in SGH yesterday evening [she was warded for observation on potential dengue fever], I accompanied a lady colleague home and she asked me -

Lady: What is the most worst thing you can lose in life?

Me: Your mind?

Lady: *Slaps me on the shoulder* Be serious!

Me: Your pet chihuahua? [We watched Legally Blonde together before]

Lady: *Slit eyes* Argh.. Give up on you. It's hope!


Note: The above was not meant for humour - I'm still pondering over her words.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

I was having drinks with a friend of mine last night. The friendly waitress was chatting with me while I signed for the bill. After I passed the bill folder back to her, she smiled and left - with my card and receipt as well.

*Waves at her back hoping she would look back but she carried on walking*

She came 5 minutes later smiling slightly sheepish with my card & receipt.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +



Well, I'm no Jim Carrey so I'm not good at dramatizing events but these news trivia might interest you somewhat -





Apparently Miss Renee Zellweger missed her bigger size titties back in her first Bridget Jones Film. She should take a look at what plastic surgery can do for her a.k.a. Movie - White Chicks. For the full story, click
here.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +




The things people do to get into the Guiness Book of Records. Full story
here.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +




For Lord of The Ring [LOTR] fans, you might be delighted to know there're new discoveries supporting the possiblity of an actual hobbit-like humans some 12,000 years ago. Check out the story
here.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +


And of course, a little list called
List of Phobias which was contributed by Ms Beautifuk on her blog entry dated 25 Oct. You can check out her comments as well, hilarious.



List of Credits:
Ms Beautifuk - Provider of List of Phobias
- Provider of News Trivia
The Cafe Waitress - For her friendly chatter and lovely smile
My Colleague - To her thoughtful quote

Last but not least - The HP technician for his amazing lack of understanding

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home