Saturday, February 19, 2005

Terpsichore



The Concert has successfully ended its 2 day run of performances.

Back to daily routines of work, studies and physical trainings. Of handling Customer Complaints and crunching textbook readings. Of squeezing every last drop of perspiration from my forehead and body in response to the gruelling floor exercises during physical conditionings in our dance training sessions.

When I stood facing the empty stage after everyone has packed and moved out, the lights were dim and everything was enshrouded in heavy silence - I pictured myself amongst the audience sitting down and giving thunderous applause to a performance well done. A hypothetical image.

When I picture myself as the audience and the virtual image of my "dancer self" image being projected onto the stage floor, I sensed a stirring. A thought that flashed in my mind screaming "Well done! That was so beautiful!" And I realised why stage performers are revelled by others is due to the reason that they embodied the "unattainable state" that normal people would never achieve. Idol Worship. Like you yearn after something which you can't have. The Apple in the Garden of Eden.

And Stage Performers always tend to possess a slight characteristic of exhibitionism no matter how slight. It's like an aphrodisiac.

As you look beyond the spotlights and peer onto the floor audience and beyond, a sense of accomplishment becomes so strong for the level of success is often measured on a decibel scale of applause. The more thunderous the applause the more successful it is deemed to be.

For myself, it was a feeling of slight accomplishment. That I have pulled off my first major performance successfully. The waltz.. The Lyrical Jazz.. the emotions. Yes I had a dance friend who divulged to me that when the performance ended and the curtain called she was almost feeling emotional.

I guess I would be hooked onto this aphrodisiaic for quite a while.




This piece of dance chereography was the highlight of the Dance Concert and I never got bored of watching them dance, no matter how many times I've seen it.

Name of Chereography - Lavender Dreams
Song Title = Memories [Korean Song]

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey heys.. fiona here.. got ur blog add from friendster ;) haha..dropped by to say hi ;)

www.fionalql.photosite.com
some dance photos there =).. feel free to take a look..

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home