Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Red Reminisces


Taxi Driver : Wah, young man today still working ah?
Me Myself & I : Yes, my company is still on half-day today.

Taxi Driver : Aiyoh, then got buy Toto or 4D for this New Year?
Me Myself & I : No, I have never bought them in my life before.

Taxi Driver : Sure or not?? Football betting? mahjong? Card games?
Me Myself & I : Nope but during festive seasons I would just play cards for fun.

Taxi Driver : You endangered species liao.
Me Myself & I : I will be very soon if you do not keep your eyes on the road.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



The Red season is here again - Red Packets, red clothes, red notes and red faces [from all the drinking that is]

Had a BIG spring cleaning last night till about 1am. I was basically cleaning up two rooms - My Bedroom and the Study Room [credits to my mum who insisted this is how the rooms should be called].

Well, I've been holding this double task ever since my brothers moved out after getting married. Not that I'm blaming them for my plight [Look, I'm only cleaning two rooms while they're probably cleaning a whole house]. Just that this year's spring cleaning process was slightly more sombre.

Maybe it's because the whole house suddenly seemed more spacious.

Maybe it's because there was less laughter and boisterous fun while attempting to throw stuff at one another while trying to decide which old stuff to keep and which old stuff to throw.

Came across quite a lot of old textbooks and actually discovered some old photos tucked away. Of friends that had been with my side for years, of looking at the photos and remembering the good times we shared. Of remembering the bickerings that seemed so pointless now, wishing instead there were more times when I could have punched him on the shoulder more often which we always do in JC times.

Till the SQ006 crash took him away from me.

Also took some time to re-arrange my photo album and realised I hardly have any new photos to put into the album. Most pictures are done by digital cameras nowadays and saved via jpg files into my PC. Photo albums had been replaced by online photo albums.

Looking at the photo album however induced deep nostalgia and by impulse I called up an old JC classmate, she was surprised to hear from me but very excited at the same time. Half teasing and half scolding that I only bothered to call when she's getting married by September this year. Came as a surprise to me instead.

And a further surprise that it's another guy not the boyfriend she had in JC whom I knew as a friend as well. Ah well, guilty of not contacting her for the past 2 years I am.

She was gushing over her marriage plans and was already half hinting about her possible honeymoon destinations which brought a faint smile to my lips - She's sweetly in love.

And Valentine Day's is just next Monday.

Could have sworn my brain is almost operating like a mind map, topics will link to related topics and the information simply comes pouring out. Too dependent on memory techniques I guess.

Several news have arrived as well inclusive of my second brother's father-in-law passing away, my guy cousin's child stricken with hand-foot-mouth disease, my gal cousin's child is being warded for some initial cancerous stage thing I'm half inclined to believe this would not be a good year to celebrate.

And my godsister is still recovering from her tsunami horror, not too inclined to travel outside as well.

What I felt more lightened is by the fact is the entire dance group coming to my house this saturday for visitation, hopefully their noise would bring cheer to my parents as well.

I'm crossing my fingers.



I just hope my mother does not faint from seeing the house get overcrowded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home