Thursday, November 18, 2004

Mad about Frank Sinatra

A confession - I have been 'swooned' [as one of the ladies 'Jelly' from my jazz class has termed my recent state of emotions] by Frank Sinatra. Oh, mind you it has nothing to do with the recent Westlife album - Allow us to be Frank. This is, definitely, an influence from listening to Broadway songs being played whenever I'm in the dance studio. For your information, they have a Lindy Hop Performance Team so most of them are pretty crazy about Broadway music and I must admit that Frank Sinatra has a very very magnetic charm to his voice.

Currently this song - The Way You Look Tonight - has been playing over and over in my head. Again, and again. Yes, I'm swooned.. though I've always been under the impression that only ladies get 'swooned' so...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some day, when I'm awfully low,
When the world is cold,
I will feel a glow just thinking of you...
And the way you look tonight.

Yes you're lovely, with your smile so warm
And your cheeks so soft,
There is nothing for me but to love you,
And the way you look tonight.

With each word your tenderness grows,
Tearing my fear apart...
And that laugh that wrinkles your nose,
It touches my foolish heart.

Lovely ... Never, ever change.
Keep that breathless charm.
Won't you please arrange it ?
'Cause I love you ... Just the way you look tonight.

Mm, Mm, Mm, Mm,
Just the way you look to-night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lovely, just... lovely. *Does a little ballroom dance turn witn imaginary partner*

Update - I just checked out the CD Shop [Sembawang Music Centre] underneath my workplace and whaddya know? The Westlife album is sold out!! Within 2 weeks!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Frank Sinatra ~ 12 December 1915 till 14 May 1998

*News Trivia* He made an appearance on "Larry King Live" just the day before on 13th May 1998 as himself before he passed away the very next day.


*Sigh* Tapdance Chereographer says she will find his "Greatest Hits Collection Volume 1 & 2" for me, felt like I could just crushed her in a bear hug right there and then.

For your information, some of the songs that I really liked amidst his
tracks include -

The Lady is a Tramp
New York New York
My Way [Definitely a Classic!]
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas [You should really hear him on this track]

and quite a few others as well. So put on your dancing shoes ladies and gentleman, coz Broadway starts tonight[quote - "Broadway by Goo Goo Dolls"].

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home